Join in the Colorful Conversations

Looking for answers to your color questions, have some advice to give... or simply want to get to know your fellow COLOURlovers? You're in the right place.

Forums»Site Info»Announcements»Ads? Yup.
Showing 1 - 14 of 14 Comments
Team
So, I'll preempt the reaction that I'm sure is to come about more ads being on the site. We'll be launching a few more units soon. We've always been very considerate of our members and the amount of ads we've shown, and have worked to balance the experience vs paying the bills.

So, we've added a few more units and I hope it doesn't affect your experience here negatively. If you feel super strongly about the new ads, you can always turn off seeing any ads in your settings (for sponsored members) or install something like AdBlock. (Saves your experience, but doesn't help us.)

Thanks.
Thank you for the heads-up, Bubs. You rock. ♥
My 2nd year as a sponsored member and I only just recently found out I could block the ads, How silly is that? I kept thinking there should be some kind of perk for being a sponsor. Finally found it :D
I understand totally the need for ads but why do they have to cover up stuff like where you can fave peoples creations or click to follow someone? It was like a game of cat and mouse, hurry and click fave before the ad jumps in and covers it up!
For those that aren't sponsored its got to be beyond frustrating, I know it was for me until I found the block ads check box. Of course its great encouragement to become a sponsor I suppose and help support this great place we all love.
When the ads were there, it wasn't that big a deal really, knowing why they were there an all, but I'm still going to keep my ads blocked and enjoy the full Colour Lovers experience. Plus, it is nice to be able to fave or follow or get a badge without having to race an ad to get there first :)
These are Awful!
I am a sponsored member As Hypestir. Can I merge my accounts?
COLOURlover wrote:
So, I'll preempt the reaction that I'm sure is to come about more ads being on the site. We'll be launching a few more units soon. We've always been very considerate of our members and the amount of ads we've shown, and have worked to balance the experience vs paying the bills.

So, we've added a few more units and I hope it doesn't affect your experience here negatively. If you feel super strongly about the new ads, you can always turn off seeing any ads in your settings (for sponsored members) or install something like AdBlock. (Saves your experience, but doesn't help us.)

Thanks.
Actually I didnt realize you have to renew! I'd like to merge all my accts in that case if possible!
American Women wrote:
These are Awful!
I am a sponsored member As Hypestir. Can I merge my accounts?
COLOURlover wrote:

Thanks.
Team
Woops. That tall ad unit shouldn't be showing inside the main column on profiles and creation pages. Sorry, the pitchforks will have to go back into the shed for another time. :)
Thank you!
COLOURlover wrote:
Woops. That tall ad unit shouldn't be showing inside the main column on profiles and creation pages. Sorry, the pitchforks will have to go back into the shed for another time. :)
A question about the ads:

I personally quite enjoy the sidebar ads, and I do clickthrough some of the more interesting ones. On the other hand, I'm not a fan of banner ads because of the way they change the look/flow of every page.

Weird as it sounds, would it be possible to have a second option, so that members can disable banner ads, but not the sidebar ads?

...Obviously not a priority, but I thought I'd ask. :)
I'm of the same mind as prax on this. I have always left the sidebar ads on, partly because I'm fine with them and partly to support CL. As a member, if I had the option to just eliminate the leaderboard, I'd do that. So that's two pairs of eyeballs :-)
Team
Thanks for the feedback. We'll look into it.
I was thinking of becoming a sponsor but it says the options expired 17-march_2013

????
Erm... I'm all for ads that support the site, but I find it really creepy that random words in my profile page are links to ads. I have a note of thanks to my fellow colourlovers in my bio page and was weirded out that ad links appeared in it.
I don't spend much time elsewhere on the interwebs - so I don't know if other sites do this...but i am not a fan.
EDIT: I am a huge dork. Problem was with crap on my computer - i uninstalled said crap and random links have disappeared. Also ads that had taken up the entire right third of my screen while on cl have shrunk so i can fave & follow now. Crap I cleaned off my computer was an update installer and some coupon printers. Erm...oops.

pique wrote:
Erm... I'm all for ads that support the site, but I find it really creepy that random words in my profile page are links to ads. I have a note of thanks to my fellow colourlovers in my bio page and was weirded out that ad links appeared in it.
I don't spend much time elsewhere on the interwebs - so I don't know if other sites do this...but i am not a fan.
But a super sweet recovery, pique :-)
You must be logged in to post a comment.

Recent Discussion Comments

paulsky555
paulsky555
21 hours ago
Wish everyone a happy weekend!!!!
If you need tools to work contact me now!!!
Fullz info – CVV – PAYPAL – Cashapp – DL SCAN
Telegram: paulsky555
paulsky555
paulsky555
1 day ago
Update Fresh and Good Today 18/05/2024
#fullz info ssn dob dl usa
#fullz id scan
#fullz dead uk
#fullz info canada-uk

TELEGRAM: PAULSKY555
paulsky555
paulsky555
1 day ago
paulsky555
paulsky555
1 day ago
paulsky555
paulsky555
2 days ago
I'm online and looking for a good and long-term buyer, the tools are always available, quality to sell to everyone, especially never reseller

Telegram: Paulsky555

Latest Articles

//View More ›

Latest Colors

//View More ›

Latest Palettes

//View More ›

Latest Patterns

//View More ›
X

Terms Updated

We’d like to inform you that we have updated our Terms of Use. The most substantive changes are:

This platform was acquired by a joint venture in Israel.
changes have been made to the relevant jurisdiction for disputes which may arise out of your use of the platform.
Changes made to the monetization of users’ creations and the ability to opt out from your account settings.

Please view the revised Terms here. If you don’t mind anything there, then you don’t need to do anything. Your continued use of the platform will constitute your acceptance of the latest version of the Terms. If you disagree with anything there, you can terminate your account within seven days from today.